With the cold coming in my thoughts are turning to warmer climates and this past weekend I found myself thinking of San Diego. I love San Diego and this past March I went to visit a very good friend that I think of often and don’t talk to enough. Another friend also came. We met in Junior High, so we have known each other a long time. The trip was first and foremost amazing because we got to spend time with my friend and her husband.
They are the best hosts ever and her husband is amazing in the kitchen. We were driven around, got to see so much of San Diego. I want to go back and am trying to work it into my schedule for next year (Hey Liz and Alan up for a guest?!?!?). Great place to unwind and just relax with good company.
We spent quite a bit of time eating, which is my favourite thing to do with friends. Here are my five favourite meals from that trip:
- Scallop Risotto at Jordon Restaurant, it was SO GOOD
- Oysters (love oysters and living in land locked Alberta I don’t have them often)
- Breakfast Burrito from Santana’s (the best breakfast ever)
- In and Out burger animal style (If you have never had one you are missing out!)
- Two buck chuck from Trader Joe’s (okay not a meal but TWO DOLLARS FOR A BOTTLE OF WINE! ! ! !)
Since I didn’t have or know I was going to start a blog, I have no pictures of the food.
I promise next trip I will take pictures of the food.
Instead I give you pictures from La Jolla one of my favourite places.